18 July 2005

the blank stare

so today i have the 'blank stare' down.

i was gone all week with my students at a youth event- it was good....but sleep escaped me- always seems to when i am off with my students. it was a good week- we were in oklahoma and stayed at OU- it was okay- the beds were bad....the food was not too hot (yet scary cause for college food it was good).....the walking was the tough part. we clocked a min of 5 miles a day in the nice heat of norman...but it was worth it. lots of great worship- lots of great speakers- and some sic concerts and such-over all pretty good week....

the close of my week was celebrated by spending all day saturday at 6 flags- woo hoo- okay so it would have been LOADS more fun had i slept the week past- but still it was fun and we got to see third day in the events of the day as well...and even managed to ride a coaster....

so that is what has led to today and the 'blank stare'
no matter how hard i try i can't seem to get all the areas of my brain to fire at the same time- it is strange. it has been a day kinda like a bad horror movie...yeah know the ones where they show the person 'watching what is happening' but are not a part of what is taking place? yeah that is where i am- i few times i have had the start of a great thought but somewhere between thought and putting a pen to paper to write it down my brain misfires and the end result is the blank stare......so with that.....i am calling it a day- i'm off- headin home- excited to see my puppies and even more excited about finding my favorite jammies waiting for me and then putting something mindless on the tv and perfecting the 'blank stare'- wonder if i can get a award for it?

happy trails!

No comments: