01 August 2006

invisible neon signs....


so today has been one of those days that when you tell someone about it they look at you in disbelief and say...'yeah right...that didn't really happen".....oh how i wish it were true. so really today began yesterday- yup one of those LONG days- i drove to houston on sunday and spent the night with some friends who recently moved there and then they brought me to the airport to catch my flight to spokane washington where i am off to the wedding of one of my former students from my first full time ministry in walla walla. well i get to the air port- check in to find out that they (frontier air lines) are having a HUGE mechanical issue and so i am going to really miss my flight (what does that mean? 'really miss your flight'? can you only kinda miss your flight?) so they tell me they have it all set up they will put me up in a hotel for the night in denver and i will be on an early morning flight to spokane...okay no big deal right- ah yeah.....so after all is said and done i don't get into denver until 11pm...and don't get to the marriot until almost midnight...i set up my wake up call and crawl into bed for the short 5 hours of sleep i would be getting.....well enter screwed up hotel issues....my wake up call never comes and i wake up 10 min before my flight is to leave the airport and the hotel is 25 min from the airport....after fighting with the hotel, getting ready and getting to the air port frontier does all they can....but what does that mean....a WHOLE DAY SITTING IN DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT! UGH! i arrived at 9:30 this morning and i will leave at 9:40 tonight.....tha tis a LONG time to sit in one airport- and to beat all it seems i have this invisible neon sign above my head that says "please come and talk to me about eveything in your life that could be ore is happening---i care and i want to listen." reality is i have been to the restroom a few times today and i can't find the sign anywhere- but the needy business man who just fought with his wife about the fact that he is staying in denver for a few extra days for some r&r after this leg of his buisness trip is over saw it....as did the woman who is not satisfied with her current job but the pay and perks are so good she can't give it up...besides she will be divorced soon and her boss will be too....no to mention my trip through security this morning where i get the wand and the pat down and they can't figure out what sent the machine off yet the guy with the 19 facial periceings goes right through.....give me a break....i could use a hot tub, a beverage and the heck out of DIA! oh who said flying was so much easier? i could have driven to washington state by now....UGH! what a day....and if one more person comes up and dumps their life story on me i may just scream and run in circles.....at least then i will see a different part of this airport....

No comments: