17 November 2005

i promise.....

okay so here is my 'i promise' for nywc nashvegas (great idea btw)

while at the nywc in nashvegas i promise to.....

1. take time to breathe in and breathe out........
2. rise each day giving thanks for the opportunity i have to be here when many in my same shoes can't afford to come- or can't get here....
3. pray for those i meet who Jesus has called me to 'stumble over'...
4. stop long enough to hear anothers story....and give thanks for the shared journey
5. to email my sr. pastor while i am here to thank him for making it possible to be here and for being such an encouraging and edifying partner in ministry
6. write postcards to all my students- active and inactive letting them know that even though i am away- they are here with me in my heart and more importantly in my prayers
7. look for ways to bless others without them knowing where it came from
8. share a hot meal with a homeless person who calls the streets of nashville home- not to 'shove the gospel' at them-but just to hear the story of a sister or brother in Christ and see them as He does- BELOVED
9. catch up with old friends- hug them- encourage them- and laugh with them
10. come to ALL general sessions with a open mind ready and willing- waiting for Jesus to speak to me.....especially through the speakers i don't think have anything to say because of a past thought....
11. enourage the ys staff and thank them for being one of the greatest blessings and encouragements in the lives of so many of us here.........
12. worship with abandon- not caring who is sitting in front- beside- behind me or leading the worship time....
13. give away all the 'fun free stuff' given to us to my students or other youth workers in my area who need to be blessed
14. play hard and laugh often
15. sleep and rest- not just play hard
16. celebrate in my joy and in my tears...you can't have a blessing without sorrow...and when sorrow comes a blessing is on its way!

Father- thank you for this gift....thank you for the promise of hope and the gift of mercy. Fill us....use us...break us...heal us. may we celebrate in our sameness and be blind to our differntness..........may we bless each other...those you bring across our paths....may we leave nashville changed and leave those who stay and greet the next group to arrive in this city blessed. In Jesus we CELEBRATE! amen

1 comment:

Tim Schmoyer said...

Nice list! I also was at the Nashville convention and posted a list of promises prior to attending. They can be found here:
http://www.timschmoyer.com/2005/11/17/my-promise-for-the-ys-convention/