18 November 2005

a sea of faces.....

well today is offically day 2.....yet really day one of the nashville convention and i am pretty zapped...but in a good way.
sitting at registration checking in group after group.....or that one person that has come for the first time and just doesn't know what to look at first or which way to go and has that hazed over look in their eyes has been pretty amazing and lots of fun. .......yeah we have had our times of frustration- but look at the number of people here---and when you look at that- we have been running smooth!
it is amazing to watch the sea of people move around the area.....and the feel of the static of energy is sweet. i think back to my first nywc- wild kingdom atlanta- and i was that wide eyed person who couldn't believe everything that was before me. i walked around in a daze unsure which way to go and what seminar was best and how i could do everything (yeah reality set in on sunday and my body would not allow me to wake up- i slept through most of the day!- i now find one morning at each convention where i give myself 'permission' to sleep in and not attend something so that my body is rested so my soul can recieve)......
right now registration is on a 'semi-break' as people are in the first general session- Mark Yaconelli is speaking and crowder leading worship. I hope mark's message is the same one he gave in pittsburgh- pretty amazing message......
well back to work- for me- more people to check in!
my prayer today: Jesus cause me to stumble over those you want me to see today- and help me pause my heart to meet them and hear their story!

No comments: